Print Press Manager/Operator
Schur Star Systems, Inc.
Location Carlsbad, CA
Posted March 23rd
Schur is an international team of 15 companies offering packaging, packaging machines, packaging systems, and know how.
Schur has a staff of approx. 900 persons employed at factories in Denmark, Sweden, Germany, France, Australia and the USA. In our plant in Carlsbad, CA we produce flexible packaging. We are currently looking for someone to fulfill the position of “Print Manager” in the Flexible Packaging industry. Moving expenses to the Carlsbad, CA area to be discussed during interview process.
Ideal candidates will have experience in the following, including mandatory experience:
• Experience in operating Windmoeller & Hoelscher wide web 10 color print presses (Mandatory)
• Knowledge with different substrates in flexible packaging material
• Experience using Microsoft Dynamics – Navision (preferred)
• Proficient in flexographic design (CMYK, pantone line screen) (Mandatory)
• Proficient in using inspection camera technology, such as BST and AVT
• Knowledgeable using “Easy Col” and Extended Gamut
• Experience working in a ink room and preparing print press jobs
• Experience in facilitating / monitoring production orders from start to finish
• AutoCAD or similar drafting software
• Adobe Illustrator
• MS Office
• Ability to travel to Europe (primarily Denmark and/or Germany) for extended stays (Mandatory)
• High attention to detail and ability to manage people and multi-task on various projects (Mandatory)
• Ability to work in a high pace environment
You will give support to the laminating and bag making departments. Job duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Preparing a print press for various jobs
• Operating and maintaining the 10-color print press in an efficient and productive manner
• Correspond with the technical departments in Denmark and Germany. The product deadlines must be met to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Occasional travel to Europe for training
• Manage and supervise a printing department consisting of 1 – 2 print press operators
• Potential promotion into a management role in the lamination department.
Company benefits include:
• 401k plan
• Health, dental and life insurance
• Paid Time-Off
• Company cell phone
If you are interested in joining our growing team in the US, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration. You may contact Hans Christian Schur at 760.421.6404 for more information.