Project Manager of Consulting & Programming
Location Alexandria, VA
Posted February 28th
Idealliance is a global non-profit association that provides an open and cross-industry interchange for the graphic and visual communications industry. Our organization capitalizes on its integrated capabilities and total supply chain focus to deliver best-in-class research, consulting, education, specifications, and certification that innovates technologies and transforms business. Over many decades, we have defined the workflows that are foundational to the creation, production, and distribution of media today – color (GRACoL®, SWOP®, XCMYK, and G7®), content and digital management (OpenEFT™ and PRISM®), mail preparation and distribution (Mail.dat® and Mail.XML™), forest and paper (papiNet®), and others. Our platform is international with more than ¼ of our membership outside North America and obtaining Liaison A designation with ISO to fast-track international standards. Idealliance Project Managers are a core function to concept, organize, and manage consulting, education, specification, and certification initiatives. We look to our Project Managers to both own and lead key member and industry programs.
The Project Manager of Consulting & Programming will serve as the key staff member to administer and oversee two core programs of Idealliance and the development of its projects and services: 1) consulting clients and services and 2) business education programs and services.
The Project Manager will report directly to the Senior Director of Global Print Technologies & Workflows and will work closely with the project management team, members, prospective members, consultants, and association staff, to understand the industry’s current and prospective needs across business processes, operations, technology, and professionals. The Project Manager works closely with staff and members to ensure the association's strategies, missions, and budgetary goals are achieved through the consulting and education programs. This position requires tact, sensitivity, professionalism, strong collaboration skills, and a high aptitude for learning because it is cross functional throughout our organization.
This position requires the capacity to understand a multitude of internal and external systems and how they interact including databases, accounting requirements, and websites. This position requires the ability to collaborate on process improvement efficiency with other members of the staff of these systems in order to reduce long-term costs and enhance user experience related to deep consulting engagements and education events that help further the industry we serve.
The Project Manager’s time will be primarily divided into these key areas:
• 40% Consulting Support & Management – Assist, facilitate, process, support, and manage the Idealliance consulting group and its contracts and services
• 30% Program Design, Development & Management – Assigned programs and services such as Management Plus, Leading Indicators, and others
• 30% Event Design, Development and Management – Assigned current programs such as CEO and NexGen Roundtables and new initiatives such as Best Practices Road Show and Peer Groups including customer support
Responsibilities and Duties
1. Collaborate and manage for assigned programs and services: a) member satisfaction and profitability of existing programs and services; b) design and development of new programs and services, c) support clients and members understand and participate/register for program or service, and d) planning, scheduling, and budgeting of development processes.
2. Coordinate product development comprising volunteers, experts, and members, to ensure member input, product effectiveness, and member acceptance.
3. Serve as staff liaison by interfacing with program consultants, members, and outside facility organizers to ensure effective execution of program or service.
4. Provide the function to invoice and accounts receivable collection for consulting clients and provide tracking reports to Staff and Partners.
5. Collaborate with Supervisor, Communications, Marketing, Operations, and Sales staff to coordinate programs’ development, launch, marketing, and sales activities.
6. Assist consulting group partners with client support and information.
7. Gain a deep understanding of programs in order to effectively communicate program’s value and customer benefit, and constant improve of the program.
8. Draft and review program documentation – instructions, marketing, and promotional materials.
General and Administrative
1. Maintain personal productivity and quality standards that attract financial returns for the association.
2. Counsel senior staff on improvements to enhance association profitability and operational efficiency.
3. Provide excellent service to members, consulting engagement customer and prospects, and event attendees.
4. Maintain a positive attitude in meeting and achieving program and Association goals.
5. Ability to juggle multiple priorities while keeping to timelines and priorities.
6. Support association members, as well as committee and peer group leadership in dissemination of agendas, announcements, and program materials
7. Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor that reflects the association’s commitment to quality, continuous improvement, and respect for individuals.
8. Keep abreast of industry trends and new technologies.
9. Research and recommend improvements and improved communications and marketing for programs.
10. Support the association’s strategies for increasing membership and for maintaining and improving communications with existing and future members by help to expand programs.
11. Represent the association at specified engagements and industry events, when called upon.
12. Assist with development and maintenance of web-based systems and streamlining workflows.
1. High energy, collaboration, and organizational skills to work effectively in a team setting and focus on desired outcomes.
2. Works independently to evaluate and manage concurrent processes and projects to meet established goals, deadlines, and quality standards.
3. Possession of effective interpersonal and customer service skills including to convey policies and procedures clearly.
4. Excellent ability to analyze and write operational efficiency, business management, and sales and marketing documentation for proofreading and editing.
5. Solid computer software skills including, Microsoft Suite, database (preferably IMIS), collaboration, communities, and workflow processing.
6. Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in project management, educational development, or consulting services background in either visual and graphic communications and/or association.
7. Understanding and experience with business consulting and educational design and development preferred.
8. Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, Communications, or technical discipline preferred.
1. Appearance at all times must represent the association image.
2. Fast-paced environment: subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice activity.
3. Must possess or be able to obtain a valid passport.
4. There is a requirement for some travel both nationally and internationally. (Minimal)
5. The position may require hours outside the standard 9-to-5 hours.